List of rooms

 

Ground floor    
 


Your visit to the Sansepolcro Civic Museum starts in the room located to the left of the ticket office, known as the fireplace room. As well as the fireplace itself, which dates back to 1630, this room also features some interesting stucco work on the ceiling and the walls, evidence of the renovation worked carried out on the entire building in the XVIIIth century. A number of art works are housed here, notably works related to the figure of Piero della Francesca.

 

CLICK THE IMAGE FOR THE MAP VIEW


First floor
   
 

From Room no. 2 (Giovan Battista Mercati), proceed to the upper floor, consisting of two large rooms which house detached frescos and underpaintings from a number of churches in Sansepolcro. These paintings provide invaluable testimony to local painting in the XIVth and XVth centuries.
 

CLICK THE IMAGE FOR THE MAP VIEW


The basement
   
 

The basement houses a collection of extremely interesting mediaeval stone articles, some very large, from the city area. There is also an archaeological collection, proof of human presence in the area as long ago as the palaeolithic period, as well as traces of pre-Roman dwellings and burial grounds. There is also the diocesan collection of church vestments and sacred objects known as the “Cathedral Treasure”.


CLICK THE IMAGE FOR THE MAP VIEW